PDA

View Full Version : Racism is not an issue at BSO

02-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Racism is Not an issue at BSO. This Sheriff does not look at color for promotion. The Colonel in the Depart of Detention is black. The Chief of Staff is black. We have a Lt. Col who is black. The Manager in charge of Central Supply is a black woman. There is a black female major in detention. The Chief of District 4 is a black man. Several Captains in Pompano Beach are black, and the list goes on and on. BSO may have many problems to overcome but racism is not one of them.

02-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Is it illegal to be white yet? can white Officers get any of those positions?
Sound like Racism to me just the shoe is on the other foot

02-08-2007, 06:47 PM

It sounds to me like you want to make a rascist issue where there isn't any. (or a reverse rascism issue). If you work for BSO, then you would know that the Sheriff is white, the DLE Colonel is white, one Lt. Colonel is Hispanic.

Of the 16 district offices - 15 have white chiefs.

Of the 9 Majors in DLE - All are white; one is female

I've already given a partial list in the previous post of black executives at BSO. There are many more. Its certainly not a majority, but clearly advancement is possible, and the white man surely is not suffering as a result of minorities advancing within BSO.

Again I will state, Rascism is not a problem at BSO.

This is from the perspective of a non-executive, white female.

02-08-2007, 11:46 PM
You forgot in Pompano, there is two black Captains. I hear what you are saying though. But lets be honest, are those getting promoted the most qualified? Or are they Politically correct promotions?

02-11-2007, 02:55 AM
But lets be honest, are those getting promoted the most qualified? Or are they Politically correct promotions?

If a Black man gets a position of power there’s always that question from Whites,” Is he really qualified”. Well obviously not cause he’s Black. Anytime Whites apply for a position they are automatically qualified b/c of their race no questions ask. Now minorities have to go beyond the call of glory to prove all their qualifications and the standards are raised if they meet them. Give me a break!!!! If Colin Powell applied for any BSO leadership positions, there will be one of you racist fascist questioning his credibility based only on his race.

02-12-2007, 04:49 AM
If you work in the agency, lets just look at the qualifications of those that got promoted. At least 75 % of the promotions were of those with very little experience or qualifications. If they really looked at your work history, experience, and training, then maybe only 5 of the last 15 promoted would still have been on the list.

02-25-2007, 04:39 PM
everyone is affraid to say the truth, and live in a world that needs to
be sugar coated, the detention boss is a token figurehead,
the Lt col is runnin the show, and alotta captains and commanders on the road, were 5 star outta 10 cop's...did the very least to get by,
if you don't do anything, like be a do nuttin, you can't get in trouble.
and thus rise thru the ranks.

02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I did the bare minimum. Didn't piss of anybody. I got promoted. Figure it out the more you do the more complaints. If you don't want to get promoted then work hard.

03-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh come on now after the white deputies are done for the day; their klan meeting starts. Didn't everybody know that?

04-03-2007, 05:01 AM
the Lt col is runnin the show, and alotta captains and commanders on the road, were 5 star outta 10 cop's...did the very least to get by,

I can see by your writing skills that BSO hires the best……..I thought that you needed a minimum of a GED to get hired; I was wrong!

06-14-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm embarrassed to admit that I work for the agency when people like you open your mouth to speak. You obviously need an education, and BSO will pay for it. But, we all know that BSO is desperate for help, especially in detention. I see the Detention deputies, and it appears as though they are handed an application upon release. It's pitiful.

06-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Racism is not an issue at B.S.O. the issue is reverse racism...

06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Racism is not an issue at B.S.O. the issue is reverse racism...

There is no such thing. Racism is racism.

06-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Oh come on everyone knows that minorities out score white people on tests. The BSO process for the Sergeants' exam is for the whites. Their afraid, can't you see the writing on the wall. Affirmative Action doesn't exist. It's all made up......

06-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Oh come on everyone knows that minorities out score white people on tests. The BSO process for the Sergeants' exam is for the whites. Their afraid, can't you see the writing on the wall. Affirmative Action doesn't exist. It's all made up......

I know this is a BSO blog but to make a point I want to tell a true story of reverse discrimination that happened at Fort Lauderdale PD several years ago. A Sgt. promotion test was to be given and if you were african american you could get FREE tutoring for the trst. However, ir you were of caucasian decent, you had to pay for the tutoring instruction. It did not really make a difference as the results were rather bleak for the blacks that took the test, even with all the extra help they received for free in preparation for the test only a very few passed the test. So, it appears in this case there was preferential treatment to people because of the color of their skin. We all know the way it should be........ if you study hard and have common sense and know your job, then, may the best qualified person get the promotion. The color treatment should be totally eliminated so no one can claim discrimination any more.

superlw8
06-27-2007, 05:21 AM
If a Black man gets a position of power there’s always that question from Whites,” Is he really qualified”. Well obviously not cause he’s Black. Anytime Whites apply for a position they are automatically qualified b/c of their race no questions ask. Now minorities have to go beyond the call of glory to prove all their qualifications and the standards are raised if they meet them. Give me a break!!!! If Colin Powell applied for any BSO leadership positions, there will be one of you racist fascist questioning his credibility based only on his race.

So not true...there are completely qualified black employees of the sheriff's office whose capabilities I do not doubt for a second.

However, I AM the only white female at my district and I am consistently discriminated against and excluded because of my race. I can count so many people I know that were specifically hired BECAUSE they were black and clearly did not meet the qualifications of the job. Ken Jenne has become so eager to appear to lead a racially diverse agency that he has allowed his standards to slip through the cracks and for whites and hispanics to be subjected to racism.

Also, it is pretty clear that you don't really know the meaning of the word fascist.

And Colonel Powell is an amazing man and I am sure he would be welcomed by everyone who isn't convinced he is just a house n***er which alot blacks do.

06-27-2007, 11:15 PM

I can see by your writing skills that BSO hires the best……..I thought that you needed a minimum of a GED to get hired; I was wrong!

your right with him einstein !

06-27-2007, 11:19 PM
[quote="ccn = non zip code":4wffy32a]everyone is affraid to say the truth, and live in a world that needs to

I'm embarrassed to admit that I work for the agency when people like you open your mouth to speak. You obviously need an education, and BSO will pay for it. But, we all know that BSO is desperate for help, especially in detention. I see the Detention deputies, and it appears as though they are handed an application upon release. It's pitiful.[/quote:4wffy32a]

be embarrassed all you want, he speaks the truth or did you just get hired
yesterday ?

06-28-2007, 12:19 AM
I did the bare minimum. Didn't piss of anybody. I got promoted. Figure it out the more you do the more complaints. If you don't want to get promoted then work hard.Our point exactly...need we say more?

06-29-2007, 06:33 AM
At the beginning;

I have lived in South Florida all my life, and during my youth, teenage, and adult years I have admired and respected the Men and Women of the Broward Sheriff's Office for their professionalism, integrity, and overall good character. I have been employed with the Sheriff's Office for five years as a Deputy and have witnessed many changes, injustices, prejudice comments and acts, as well as blatant disrespect, misrepresentations, lies, and cover-ups among staff members. I am truly amazed at how in just the few short years of my employment this agency has regressed which is truely sickening. For reference purposes the Broward Sheriff's Office is not my only law enforcement agency experience.

Through my experience;

I came from an agency where the issues discussed in this forum, and within this blog are far to common. Regardless of how often or verbal you become, whether you voice your opinion publicly or privately, which I might remind the readers that everyone is entitled to an opinion, you may not see a change for the better. I remain optimistic though.

Observations;

Through my employment I have watched ethnic and racial fast tracking. I have also experienced for myself biased, racial favoritism on behalf of a specific group. The employment of persons with limited or non existent language, interpersonal, and basic communicative abilities is not only wrong but dangerous. Need I remind you of Leonard H, of BSO Deerfield miss voodoo feet herself, and various other districts in which she occupied until her late coming dismissal. This person is a prime example of the hiring process gone horribly wrong.

In closing;

Racial favoritism in the Broward Sheriff's Office is on the rise, and needs to be addressed. No matter the race, religion, ethnicity employees should be treated fairly and equally. This practice should begin from the top of the administrative heirarchy, and as history has shown, this positive practice of equality shall filter to the lower pay grades and create a positive working environment.

Food for thought;

By the way, for those experienced personnel who decided to make comments regarding the ccn/ zip-codes of others, having a four digit ccn is not an honor nor are you entitled to special recognition or privilege. Having a four digit ccn is not a right of passage to be rude to others. Having a four digit ccn is a clear indicator that you are not a youngster anymore. You should also be aware that a four digit ccn is a constant reminder of your mortality, and how close you are to the grave. In short, you with your impressively low ccn were in the position of newbie, rookie, new****, FNG, and overall do-boy once too. You can make a positive change to bury the derrogatory references for and on behalf of current and future employees.

08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
All you dumbass people need to get over this racist bull. If you haven't noticed every race has been inslaved for a thousand years or more. Get an education! The blacks came her from all over in the 1800's by black african slave trader's, OH HOLD ON, the slave trader was black? Wow your on people sold you out. So before you start getting pissed off about who gets promoted and worrying about if you need to prove yourself think about this, everyday everyone must prove themself to the man upstairs because as we all know he is the only one that matters. Ya'll need to get over yourselves man, this is getting to the point were it's rediculiously old. Put your personnal crap aside and think about those deputies and officer's white/black/spanish and everything else who died facing all evil just so you could cry because someone didn't kneel at your request. I served over seas and I had friends that were all kinds of ethnic backgrouds who died for this country and nobody gives a rats ass. You people make me sick with this crap that is over 150 years old. To tell you the truth everyone out there from every race deserves restitution. We all know that life is not fair, but you know what who cares! You can cry and choose to be a loser, or work hard regardless and in the end you'll be laughin at the ones who don't have what you have. People this world is hard enough don't make it harder with this petit crap. By the way I'm black, hard to believe huh? I remember what a Marine Corp Major told me who was black,"I am an american, not african-american. Your one or the other, not both. If your here be an american and leave the other stuff behind or go back to where you came from." Those words are so true. In any event, guys be safe because in the end we are all brother's in arms and this is a war everyday out there..

08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
All you dumbass people need to get over this racist bull. If you haven't noticed every race has been inslaved for a thousand years or more. Get an education! The blacks came her from all over in the 1800's by black african slave trader's, OH HOLD ON, the slave trader was black? Wow your on people sold you out. So before you start getting pissed off about who gets promoted and worrying about if you need to prove yourself think about this, everyday everyone must prove themself to the man upstairs because as we all know he is the only one that matters. Ya'll need to get over yourselves man, this is getting to the point were it's rediculiously old. Put your personnal crap aside and think about those deputies and officer's white/black/spanish and everything else who died facing all evil just so you could cry because someone didn't kneel at your request. I served over seas and I had friends that were all kinds of ethnic backgrouds who died for this country and nobody gives a rats ass. You people make me sick with this crap that is over 150 years old. To tell you the truth everyone out there from every race deserves restitution. We all know that life is not fair, but you know what who cares! You can cry and choose to be a loser, or work hard regardless and in the end you'll be laughin at the ones who don't have what you have. People this world is hard enough don't make it harder with this petit crap. By the way I'm black, hard to believe huh? I remember what a Marine Corp Major told me who was black,"I am an american, not african-american. Your one or the other, not both. If your here be an american and leave the other stuff behind or go back to where you came from." Those words are so true. In any event, guys be safe because in the end we are all brother's in arms and this is a war everyday out there..

You took my breath away ! Amen to that 100% Man, I'm in your corner, anyday, anytime. Thank you ..... :wink: :wink:

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 11:29 AM
All the promotion are Jamaican are they not.
Tony the Gregory Fudd doesn't realize the amount of division he has created with his hand picked promotions

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 11:33 AM
You took my breath away ! Amen to that 100% Man, I'm in your corner, anyday, anytime. Thank you ..... :wink: :wink: you should educate yourself you are blinded with denial a change is coming so copenor perish

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 11:37 AM
Nutella is this you? You're beginning to sound like Snakenazi get a life already, will ya?

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 11:39 AM

Some of the largest slave plantation owners were also black. History has been selectively written. Greg Tony is a race hustler and a con man. He’s not a leader not even close. The people following him are stupid cult followers. When you see upper command just think of the branch davidians and David Koresh. It’s the same damn thing. Stupid people who sold out.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 11:41 AM
The only racism at bso is against whites. Believe that.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 11:54 AM
Commissioner Holeness need more of his relatives and cronies in positions
So Tony need to make room.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 11:56 AM

i have to concurr with your statement, i started in 1983...and for the most part was shocked at the do nothing
soul brothers with5 beepers and 3 cell phones. the black female will always have a intelligent5 level up on any black male,
and more respect is she actually earned it. ( very rare). yes we have plenty of white do nothings as well so they don't get a break. now when the brother is good, you got a good team member, most werenot cut out for police work

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 12:00 PM
Some of the largest slave plantation owners were also black. History has been selectively written. Greg Tony is a race hustler and a con man. He’s not a leader not even close. The people following him are stupid cult followers. When you see upper command just think of the branch davidians and David Koresh. It’s the same damn thing. Stupid people who sold out.

100% truth and it’s all being exposed.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 12:01 PM

Convict Tony’s brainwashed cult members.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 12:03 PM
The only racism at bso is against whites. Believe that.

Lots of racism against whites at bso. It may be time for a class action lawsuit against this race hustler.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 12:31 PM

This, racism against whites is ridiculously high, I tell any white male applicants to go somewhere else where you can get a fair shake.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 12:35 PM

If a white male gets a position, I guarantee they earned it and are qualified, because white males have no EEO, no "set aside quotas "..unlike some EEO promotions where we now have a barely functioning potato in a leadership position because they check the right boxes on a form

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 04:28 AM
Racism is real in the agency!

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 05:40 AM
When I was hired, I got the impression we were trying to focus on criminal justice, not social justice.

Now, years later....I realize you cannot make a difference. Go home alive. Stay away from the enemy, no matter what uniform they wear. Hide a few more years. Within 2 more years, the only ones left in this career will be the criminally insane and complete morons. You cannot even use LE on a resume anymore, nobody respects it one bit

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 06:07 AM
When I was hired, I got the impression we were trying to focus on criminal justice, not social justice.

Now, years later....I realize you cannot make a difference. Go home alive. Stay away from the enemy, no matter what uniform they wear. Hide a few more years. Within 2 more years, the only ones left in this career will be the criminally insane and complete morons. You cannot even use LE on a resume anymore, nobody respects it one bit

6 years ago who woulda thought criminals would have more rights than me.

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 10:34 AM

It goes back longer than six years. O'Bama started it with his war on police. The forst shot was "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly". Fukk that criminal alien.

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 10:43 AM

The country is falling. In fact internally the United States has already fallen from within. It’s just a matter of time now. Rome fell from within for the exact same reasons. Rome became a liberal entitlement welfare state. The United States has become a liberal welfare entitlement state. When the number on people on welfare not willing to work begins to surpass the number of people working this process begins to unfold. This started years ago when it became more beneficial to sit at home and collect welfare than to go out and work a lower paying job. When people lose hope they give up and that’s what welfare is the absence of hope. This becomes evident by increased sexual debauchery and drug use. The two biggest things going in this country are hard core porn and opioid abuse. Once this process starts it becomes irreversible. We are entering an era of technology soon that will further the gap between the haves and have nots. But socially speaking the country has already fallen. The last process in the complete fall of a nation will be an attack on social institutions and the law itself. You represent both when you put on that uniform. It’s what keeps a society in line and glued together. But when people are openly attacking cops it’s because the people above you have already chosen to sell you out for their own gain. It’s happening all over the country. History repeats itself and you are living in the midst of the fall of Rome.

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 03:24 PM
The country is falling. In fact internally the United States has already fallen from within. It’s just a matter of time now. Rome fell from within for the exact same reasons. Rome became a liberal entitlement welfare state. The United States has become a liberal welfare entitlement state. When the number on people on welfare not willing to work begins to surpass the number of people working this process begins to unfold. This started years ago when it became more beneficial to sit at home and collect welfare than to go out and work a lower paying job. When people lose hope they give up and that’s what welfare is the absence of hope. This becomes evident by increased sexual debauchery and drug use. The two biggest things going in this country are hard core porn and opioid abuse. Once this process starts it becomes irreversible. We are entering an era of technology soon that will further the gap between the haves and have nots. But socially speaking the country has already fallen. The last process in the complete fall of a nation will be an attack on social institutions and the law itself. You represent both when you put on that uniform. It’s what keeps a society in line and glued together. But when people are openly attacking cops it’s because the people above you have already chosen to sell you out for their own gain. It’s happening all over the country. History repeats itself and you are living in the midst of the fall of Rome.

Also important to note that after Rome fell it was divided into feudal warring factions. The modern definition of that is called civil war. It was the beginning of the dark ages. Just prepare yourself for what is about to come and remember that peace is that brief period of time in between wars. This is the history of the world and it always repeats itself. You can stand down at work all you want. But on your days off you should be preparing for what comes after the fall of Rome. Remember only the strong survive.

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 04:52 PM
And he hired the most unqualified FireChief

Unregistered
04-26-2021, 05:40 PM
And he hired the most unqualified FireChief

Isn’t that the guy who helped with the bleed kit scam?

Unregistered
06-04-2021, 05:51 AM
You forgot in Pompano, there is two black Captains. I hear what you are saying though. But lets be honest, are those getting promoted the most qualified? Or are they Politically correct promotions?

I’m sorry many were not deserving of those promotions. I am black and I say promote the qualified regardless of the skin color, not your friends and favors for a favor.