PDA

View Full Version : Deputy abuses taser

02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Published - February, 5, 2007
Deputy on trial in Taser incident

Nicole Lozare
nlozare@pnj.com
The trial of a Pinellas County deputy accused of misusing his Taser on a man in the aftermath of Hurricane Ivan is scheduled to begin today.

Deputy Richard G. Farnham of Tampa, one of many out-of-town law enforcement officials who helped out after the Sept. 16, 2004, storm, is accused of kicking and using the Taser on Navarre resident Daniel Thompson, 54, a retired captain of corrections from New York.

Farnham is charged with depriving Thompson of his civil rights. If found guilty, he faces up to 10 years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine.

A 12-member jury is scheduled to be selected this morning. The trial is expected to last one and a half weeks.

Farnham was on patrol Sept. 20, 2004, when he got into a confrontation with Thompson and his neighbor, Edgar Knowling, a retired Air Force colonel. During that confrontation, Farnham is accused of using a Taser on Thompson and kicking him.

A Taser fires small, dart-like electrodes with attached metal wires. The electrodes embed in the skin, disrupt nerve and muscle function, and disable the person fired upon.

On Jan. 19, Farnham's attorneys requested that their client be allowed to wear his deputy uniform throughout the trial. The motion was approved by the court.

The prosecutor had argued that Farnham should not be allowed to wear his uniform during the trial because he was not wearing his uniform on the night of the incident. That night, Farnham was dressed in black fatigues, according to witnesses and a photograph turned in by the defense.

A defense motion to prevent the prosecution from "repeatedly" referring to Thompson and Knowling as captain and colonel, respectively, was denied, however.

"By allowing the prosecution to repeatedly identify these men by their former stations in life is a back-door way of bolstering the credibility of these witnesses and should not be allowed," wrote defense attorneys Ronald Cacciatore and Robert Gualtieri in the motion.

Assistant U.S. Attorney David Goldberg argued in his written rebuttal that Thompson's and Knowling's titles are relevant.

"The training, background and positions held by these gentlemen directly refute the defendant's claim that they would not comply with orders from a recognized law enforcement officer," Goldberg wrote.

02-05-2007, 10:25 PM
This deputie's training and experience was evident when he didn't shoot those "trained and experienced gentlemen" when one of them discharged a firearm protecting property.

This is a sad statement about Pensacola politics. I hope officers from other agencies forgive us the next time that we need help.

02-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Oops, I meant Deputy's.

02-06-2007, 12:15 AM
This deputie's training and experience was evident when he didn't shoot those "trained and experienced gentlemen" when one of them discharged a firearm protecting property.

This is a sad statement about Pensacola politics. I hope officers from other agencies forgive us the next time that we need help.Uh! I think that was Santa Rosa County my friend, not Escambia!!

02-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Is there a difference?

02-06-2007, 01:20 PM

This is a sad statement about Pensacola politics. I hope officers from other agencies forgive us the next time that we need help.

Obviously posted by someone who has never been in a gunfight. Anyone who advocates shooting a homeowner, defending against looters, is an "accidental discharge" waiting to happen. I know all about the "judged by 12, carried by 6" mentality and everyone I ever heard repeat that, never had the unfortunate experience to have to shoot someone. Taking a criminal's life is one thing. Taking a civilian life in a mistaken identity shooting is a tragedy.

Be careful what you wish for cowboy

02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Nothing in my post advocated shooting a homeowner defending his property against looters, Cowboy. I made it to retirement without ever having to shoot anyone, but yes, I was in situations where I could have.

You missed my point (not unusual here). These homeowners were lucky that they didn't get a hotshot or rookie who opted to use equal force when he was faced with armed citizens. I won't Monday morning quarterback this deputy's decision to use his taser against a firearm, but I do question the retired Corrections Captain and the retired Air Force Colonels decision to fire a weapon to protect their property.

Like you said, it would have been tragic had a civilian life been taken under these circumstances. It would have been equally tragic had a police officer lost his life because a citizen was protecting his plasma tv.

Did you stop to ascertain where the suspects worked when you were involved in all those gunbattles? I didn't think so.

02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Nothing in my post advocated shooting a homeowner defending his property against looters, Cowboy. I made it to retirement without ever having to shoot anyone, but yes, I was in situations where I could have.

You missed my point (not unusual here). These homeowners were lucky that they didn't get a hotshot or rookie who opted to use equal force when he was faced with armed citizens. I won't Monday morning quarterback this deputy's decision to use his taser against a firearm, but I do question the retired Corrections Captain and the retired Air Force Colonels decision to fire a weapon to protect their property.

Like you said, it would have been tragic had a civilian life been taken under these circumstances. It would have been equally tragic had a police officer lost his life because a citizen was protecting his plasma tv.

Did you stop to ascertain where the suspects worked when you were involved in all those gunbattles? I didn't think so.

Just so I'm clear....first you insinuate the visiting Deputy should have shot the homeowners who thought they were defending against looters and are only alive because his training and experience is somehow lacking? Then you go on to say you never fired your weapon while working "but you could have" So was YOUR training deficient?

I didn't miss the point. Your post basically said that the visiting Deputy is a scapegoat and did nothing wrong. You go on to say the homeowners were lucky they were only tasered. Fortunately for all of us you're retired now and we won't have to listen to your war stories of the many times you almost shot this guy for blah blah blah and how you gave someone a beating they deserved.

My point and observation was you wouldn't have been so quick to post about NOT shooting someone had you ever been in a gunfight. Apparently I was right.

02-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Your first mistake was in thinking that I "insinuated" that the deputy should have shot the armed homeowners. I said they were lucky that he didn't. Had you ever been in a shoot/don't shoot situation other than at the range you'd understand what I was saying. Truthfully I don't believe you've gone farther than your couch watching reruns of Cops if you don't understand my meaning.

Your second mistake was stating that I posted any war stories. I replied to your comments regarding YOUR "gunbattles", Cowboy.

Your third mistake is ASSUMING that I ever beat anyone. I didn't, ever.

Your fourth mistake was leaving the RMPT site and coming over here.

02-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Amen

02-06-2007, 11:54 PM

First, 'equal force' would be a misnomer - 'equal force' would have meant that the deputy fired his Taser (or firearm) into the ground in front of his (the deputy's) house. Second, you used, but apparently don't understand, the operative term here - armed citizens, not armed criminals; there is no law against citizens arming themselves, and at least in the case of Escambia County, I feel safer among armed citizens than I do armed deputies. Third, the deputy did not "...use his Taser against a firearm" - the deputies were not fired upon. It is your lack of experience that leads you to believe that a weapon fired into the ground constitutes an armed attack; unlike you I have been on the receiving end of an armed attack and trust me, Cow*****, I'll take a round fired into the ground any old day over one fired into me. Fourth, and last, question their decision about defending their property all you like - thankfully we have a Legislature in Florida with more common sense, as evidenced by the ' stand your ground' legislation. You are the minority.

02-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Your first mistake was in thinking that I "insinuated" that the deputy should have shot the armed homeowners. I said they were lucky that he didn't. Had you ever been in a shoot/don't shoot situation other than at the range you'd understand what I was saying. Truthfully I don't believe you've gone farther than your couch watching reruns of Cops if you don't understand my meaning.

Your second mistake was stating that I posted any war stories. I replied to your comments regarding YOUR "gunbattles", Cowboy.

Your third mistake is ASSUMING that I ever beat anyone. I didn't, ever.

Your fourth mistake was leaving the RMPT site and coming over here.

I'd say your first mistake was posting how the current trial in discussion is somehow connected to Pensacola politics.

The trial is about people being tired of cowboys and rednecks policing Pensacola, whether they are local or here to help, despite your apology to our South Florida deputies.

You can't have it both ways buckaroo. Either the homeowner with a gun was a threat, at which point he should have been shot. OR he wasn't a threat, at which point he shouldn't have been tasered either.

So which is it?

02-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Hey Cowboy and Buckaroo (you guys must be fans of westerns), I think you are both idiots. I doubt either of you were there when this incident took place and I know you weren't in the courtroom today so I say neither of you know what you are talking about.

02-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Hey Cowboy and Buckaroo (you guys must be fans of westerns), I think you are both idiots. I doubt either of you were there when this incident took place and I know you weren't in the courtroom today so I say neither of you know what you are talking about.

Must be a 'tard from ESO - how could you begin to know that we weren't in the courtroom today ? Either name both of us, or go home and beat your wife.

02-07-2007, 05:10 PM

First, 'equal force' would be a misnomer - 'equal force' would have meant that the deputy fired his Taser (or firearm) into the ground in front of his (the deputy's) house. Second, you used, but apparently don't understand, the operative term here - armed citizens, not armed criminals; there is no law against citizens arming themselves, and at least in the case of Escambia County, I feel safer among armed citizens than I do armed deputies. Third, the deputy did not "...use his Taser against a firearm" - the deputies were not fired upon. It is your lack of experience that leads you to believe that a weapon fired into the ground constitutes an armed attack; unlike you I have been on the receiving end of an armed attack and trust me, ., I'll take a round fired into the ground any old day over one fired into me. Fourth, and last, question their decision about defending their property all you like - thankfully we have a Legislature in Florida with more common sense, as evidenced by the ' stand your ground' legislation. You are the minority.Get your facts straight! First off the firearm was discharged in total darkness, the deputy had no idea he was not being fired upon nor did he know that it was being fired into the ground. The captain nor the colonel should think they can take the law into their own hands when they should have reported the suspected looters by calling 911. It's evident that you have some type of "hard on" for law enforcement with your comments and posting! The incident occurred in Santa Rosa County but you seem to want the bad publicity to reflect on Escambia County for whatever reason. As a deputy and proud of it, I hope I never have to deal with you because it's very hard having to pacify an "asshole" who hates law enforcement and always thinks they're right! And by the way, the "stand your ground" legislation did not become law until July 06 and was only made to protect yourself from imminent death or great bodily harm without having to retreat from your home! Go back to where ever you came from, it won't hurt my feelings!

02-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Get your facts straight! First off the firearm was discharged in total darkness, the deputy had no idea he was not being fired upon nor did he know that it was being fired into the ground.

So he assumed that he was being fired upon based upon the fact that he heard a gunshot ? "Woow, I heard a gunshot, I'm so important they must be shooting at me", or was it "Wow, I got caught looting so they shot at me", or .... well, you get the picture . In the academy they take great pains to teach that assume makes an ass_out_of_you_and_me.

The captain nor the colonel should think they can take the law into their own hands when they should have reported the suspected looters by calling 911.

As you'll recall, ****Wad, 911 was down in Santa Rosa for quite sometime, and I believe that they did call them. And, under the law in all states in America (presumably applies in Santa Rosa and Pinellas Counties) citizens may effect arrests under certain circumstances - in other words, your pretty little badge that you flash to get you in free some places doesn't make you special.

It's evident that you have some type of "hard on" for law enforcement with your comments and posting! The incident occurred in Santa Rosa County but you seem to want the bad publicity to reflect on Escambia County for whatever reason.

Nope- retired cop , as a matter of fact - only have a hard on for bad cops that reflect upon the profession that I spent my life in.

As a deputy and proud of it, I hope I never have to deal with you because it's very hard having to pacify an "*** VIRUS ALERT ***" who hates law enforcement and always thinks they're right!

See above, 'tard- you don't have to pacify me, 'tard, you serve me - and if you think that you don't, then you have no business in law enforcement.

And by the way, the "stand your ground" legislation did not become law until July 06 and was only made to protect yourself from imminent death or great bodily harm without having to retreat from your home! Go back to where ever you came from, it won't hurt my feelings!

Leave ? Don't think so, 'tard - I was here, policing, when you were still hanging on you momma's nipple and wondering who your daddy was - if anybody leaves, it will be you, 'tard.

And Federal Court is just the place to make sure you do.

02-07-2007, 08:44 PM
[quote]Get your facts straight! First off the firearm was discharged in total darkness, the deputy had no idea he was not being fired upon nor did he know that it was being fired into the ground.

So he assumed that he was being fired upon based upon the fact that he heard a gunshot ? "Woow, I heard a gunshot, I'm so important they must be shooting at me", or was it "Wow, I got caught looting so they shot at me", or .... well, you get the picture . In the academy they take great pains to teach that assume makes an ass_out_of_you_and_me.

The captain nor the colonel should think they can take the law into their own hands when they should have reported the suspected looters by calling 911.

As you'll recall, ****Wad, 911 was down in Santa Rosa for quite sometime, and I believe that they did call them. And, under the law in all states in America (presumably applies in Santa Rosa and Pinellas Counties) citizens may effect arrests under certain circumstances - in other words, your pretty little badge that you flash to get you in free some places doesn't make you special.

It's evident that you have some type of "hard on" for law enforcement with your comments and posting! The incident occurred in Santa Rosa County but you seem to want the bad publicity to reflect on Escambia County for whatever reason.

Nope- retired cop , as a matter of fact - only have a hard on for bad cops that reflect upon the profession that I spent my life in.

As a deputy and proud of it, I hope I never have to deal with you because it's very hard having to pacify an "*** VIRUS ALERT ***" who hates law enforcement and always thinks they're right!

See above, 'tard- you don't have to pacify me, 'tard, you serve me - and if you think that you don't, then you have no business in law enforcement.

And by the way, the "stand your ground" legislation did not become law until July 06 and was only made to protect yourself from imminent death or great bodily harm without having to retreat from your home! Go back to where ever you came from, it won't hurt my feelings!

Leave ? Don't think so, 'tard - I was here, policing, when you were still hanging on you momma's nipple and wondering who your daddy was - if anybody leaves, it will be you, 'tard.

And Federal Court is just the place to make sure you do.[/quote:wr7ja6la]Whatever you think Mr."Retired Cop!" I'm not going to sit here and do verbal battle with you. It's apparent that your shallow minded thinking has got you believing that you saved the world when you were a "cop back in the day" and that every law enforcement officer today is corrupt. Believe it or not there are a lot of us that abide by the law and project a level of professionalism that I'm sure was unheard of "back in the day" when you were a cop! Thank you for exposing your level of intelligence, and by the way, don't brag too loudly about your history of being a "cop" you might just embarrass yourself in front of people!

02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Guys, ignore him. That's just Richard from the RMPT site bored and stirring the pot over here.

02-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Wait a minute!!!! I'm the retired cop who started this with the jerk who loves calling people Cowboy and Buckaroo...my "Cowboy" sarcastic response must have been lost on you.

And I haven't been here all day. Looks like some other "tards" showed up who agree that you need to go back to RMPT.

This jerk isn't a cop. He's here to stir the pot, nothing more.

02-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Whatever you think Mr."Retired Cop!" I'm not going to sit here and do verbal battle with you. It's apparent that your shallow minded thinking has got you believing that you saved the world when you were a "cop back in the day" and that every law enforcement officer today is corrupt.

Good - you'd lose. I never believed that I saved the world 'back in the day', and I certainly don't believe that every LEO today is corrupt - my brother is still a cop, and his son is a cop, and they're honest. The only problem here is the 'siege mentality' of some here that refuses to acknowledge that there are people wearing the badge that shouldn't be.... every profession has bad apples , and by automatically reducing the argument to 'us and them' you degrade the professional standards that you claim to so dearly love. Be a professional - when a cop screws up, call it a screw up and see to it tat he takes his medicine.

The only reason that you would automatically defend a bad cop is that you're afraid that it might be you next that screws up. It might be - that's the profession that you chose, and if you can't carry the freight that goes along with it, resign. Be a janitor. Be a newspaper vendor on a street corner. Just don't smear my profession by pretending that cops never screw up, or crying poor little me, nobody understands the terrible stress I'm under.

02-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Whatever you think Mr."Retired Cop!" I'm not going to sit here and do verbal battle with you. It's apparent that your shallow minded thinking has got you believing that you saved the world when you were a "cop back in the day" and that every law enforcement officer today is corrupt.

Good - you'd lose. I never believed that I saved the world 'back in the day', and I certainly don't believe that every LEO today is corrupt - my brother is still a cop, and his son is a cop, and they're honest. The only problem here is the 'siege mentality' of some here that refuses to acknowledge that there are people wearing the badge that shouldn't be.... every profession has bad apples , and by automatically reducing the argument to 'us and them' you degrade the professional standards that you claim to so dearly love. Be a professional - when a cop screws up, call it a screw up and see to it tat he takes his medicine.

The only reason that you would automatically defend a bad cop is that you're afraid that it might be you next that screws up. It might be - that's the profession that you chose, and if you can't carry the freight that goes along with it, resign. Be a janitor. Be a newspaper vendor on a street corner. Just don't smear my profession by pretending that cops never screw up, or crying poor little me, nobody understands the terrible stress I'm under.The bottom line is that you have already convicted this Deputy only because he's a Deputy! All the facts in the case have not been presented and it's up to a jury of his peers to decide his fate not some "arm chair retired cop" who collected his facts from the news paper! By the way, my family has a "mentally challenged" member who is a wonderful person and I (along with others I'm sure) take offense to the term you tend to use so loosely my friend! Make sure you choose your words more wisely! Again, a good show of the depth of your intelligence!

02-08-2007, 02:03 AM
The bottom line is that you have already convicted this Deputy only because he's a Deputy! All the facts in the case have not been presented and it's up to a jury of his peers to decide his fate not some "arm chair retired cop" who collected his facts from the news paper! By the way, my family has a "mentally challenged" member who is a wonderful person and I (along with others I'm sure) take offense to the term you tend to use so loosely my friend! Make sure you choose your words more wisely! Again, a good show of the depth of your intelligence!

This thread started because, without all of the facts and without having been there yourself, YOU were defending the deputy and implying that someone shouldn't 'second guess' him (the deputy), while at the same time you were 'second guessing' the victims and commenting on their actions - you simply got caught at it , and, like the deputy on trial, couldn't accept the your own shortcomings and take responsibility for your actions - hardly the hallmark of the professional that you claim to be.

A member of your family is mentally challenged ? Well, boo hoo for you - you think you're the only who has a member of the family with handicaps ? Piss off, you loser. If you don't like the term, leave.

02-08-2007, 02:34 AM
Typical RMPT/Morgan supporter. Such a nice fellow you are.

02-08-2007, 03:09 AM
There, there, there, little loser - got caught , didn't you, and now try to make it about politics instead of a deputy abusing citizens - guess that would definitely make you a McNesby supporter (a man who never takes responsibility for his actions - "I needed a hunting license ? News to me...."). Nope, don't vote in Escambia anymore so I don't know the players - but I do know the difference between good and bad police work. So, if you can't stay on subject for even a few posts I would suggest tat you not comment on anyone elses intellectual abilities.

Sums up the problem, doesn't it - it's aways anybody's fault but the cops.

And you call yourself a professional.

02-08-2007, 03:57 AM
Oh God, you RMPT guys are such intellectuals..... I wish the rest of us could be as smart as you :shock:

02-08-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure what a RMPT guy is, but I share your other sentiment - I too wish you could be as smart as me, or at least as smart as the average cop most places - cops in other places would withhold comment on another cop's guilt or innocence because they only had the info from a news report, as well as withhold comment on the citizens' actions for the same reason. Odd, isn't it, that cops always make the remark that this guy or that guy must be guilty or he wouldn't haver been arrested... well, Farnham sure got arrested , didn't he ?

But we're not super smart, just fair and balanced like, like, well like cops are supposed to be. Where does that leave you ?

02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
If cops where you work withhold comments/opinions on other officers guilt or innocence, then you must be a rent-a-cop. I've never met any cop who withheld their comments about anything, except perhaps their boss.

You're living in a fantasy world.

02-09-2007, 03:01 PM
The problems with this incident:

Both citizens were former commissioned officers. This automatically means they have no common sense.

The two citizens were former members of Corrections and Air Force. This automatically makes them pogues and indicates they didn't possess the training to possess firearms.

When is it okay for a citizen to fire his weapon into the ground to protect his property? Uh never. Were the deputies inside of his residence or trying to enter into the citizens residence? No

"I was here, policing, when you were still hanging on you momma's nipple and wondering who your daddy was - if anybody leaves, it will be you, 'tard."

I heard the above quote numerous times. All the posers say this because they never were 'oconus' and had to back it up on a two way range.

02-09-2007, 03:06 PM

Both citizens were former commissioned officers. This automatically means they have no common sense.

The two citizens were former members of Corrections and Air Force. This automatically makes them pogues and indicates they didn't possess the training to possess firearms.

When is it okay for a citizen to fire his weapon into the ground to protect his property? Uh never. Were the deputies inside of his residence or trying to enter into the citizens residence? No

"I was here, policing, when you were still hanging on you momma's nipple and wondering who your daddy was - if anybody leaves, it will be you, 'tard."

I heard the above quote numerous times. All the posers say this because they never were 'oconus' and had to back it up on a two way range.

02-09-2007, 06:35 PM

ohhhh, we're using acronyms now to try and fool the posers. As if knowing what "oconus" means somehow gives you credibility. I spent a year in Kosovo and a year in Iraq for my "oconus". Does that make me less of a poser?

What's hysterical is all the chest thumping on this board from people who can barely spell and regress to school yard name calling rather than actually debate an issue.

The issue at hand is/was about people posting on issues they had no first hand knowledge of. I suppose it's a moot point now since the Deputy in question was convicted. Now let's see if his certification gets pulled, since it's ONLY a misdemeanor civil rights violation. Not to mention the Feds assertion that he perjured himself. But since it's been alleged this whole episode is "Pensacola Politics" I guess I should just chalk it up to business as usual and move on.

02-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Has anyone noticed how quite it has been since Shedric "Shocker" Johnson has been on light duty. Shedrick take note of the conviction, best advice I can give is turn in your taser before your next.

02-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Has anyone noticed how quite it has been since Shedric "Shocker" Johnson has been on light duty. Shedrick take note of the conviction, best advice I can give is turn in your taser before your next.What's with you "guy!" Now your going to pick on Shedrick! He's a hell of an officer and I wish we had many more like him! Go ahead and pass judgement on someone you know little about and about incidents where you probably weren't even close too! But as usual you don't know the circumstances and your going to go ahead and run your mouth about a good officer. Why don't you come on out and ride and let us put you in a situation of "hands on" with someone twice your size or half your age or even maybe someone high on PCP or crack and see how you can handle yourself without any of the tools of law enforcement! No, your going to sit behind your little keyboard and criticize every little thing that we do because it didn't suit you by the way it was handled. It's people like you that I wish would come face to face with what we do on a daily basis and see that our job is not as "peachy" as you proclaim it to be. Nor do we get the privilege of dealing with the average "joe" every day. We deal with the trash of society who don't give a rats behind what happens to them because they know that when they play the system it can be manipulated to work in their favor! It's obvious that you are probably some "bleeding heart liberal" who believes in political correctness because you don't want to hurt someones feelings! Your not a true American and you probably worship the nation of Islam. If you don't like the way things are done here by people who truly care and put their lives on the line every day to protect "sh#t" like you then "MOVE!!!"

02-11-2007, 02:51 AM
It's people like you that I wish would come face to face with what we do on a daily basis and see that our job is not as "peachy" as you proclaim it to be. Nor do we get the privilege of dealing with the average "joe" every day. We deal with the trash of society who don't give a rats behind what happens to them because they know that when they play the system it can be manipulated to work in their favor! It's obvious that you are probably some "bleeding heart liberal" who believes in political correctness because you don't want to hurt someones feelings! Your not a true American and you probably worship the nation of Islam. If you don't like the way things are done here by people who truly care and put their lives on the line every day to protect "sh#t" like you then "MOVE!!!"ypical
Been there, done that..... you're a typical misfit (not typical ESO, most are good cops) - you only deal with scumbags every day ? How is it you never see a 'good' citizen ? Odd, since as a cop I deal with both the good and the bad...the system can be manipulated ? You must make poor cases if YOUR suspects are 'manipulating' they system and getting off since the per capita prison population in both Florida and America is higher than at any other time in this country's history (thank God other cops aren't as poor at their jobs as you are). Islam ? Now you're bashing a First Amendment right to worship any way one pleases - nice, from a person who has sworn to , as you say, put your life on the line to protect that very right.... but then it's unlikely you ever put your life on the line, Rex, you were always 10-6 when the shite hit the fan, weren't you ?

02-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Been there, done that..... you're a typical misfit (not typical ESO, most are good cops) - you only deal with scumbags every day ? How is it you never see a 'good' citizen ? Odd, since as a cop I deal with both the good and the bad...the system can be manipulated ? You must make poor cases if YOUR suspects are 'manipulating' they system and getting off since the per capita prison population in both Florida and America is higher than at any other time in this country's history (thank God other cops aren't as poor at their jobs as you are). Islam ? Now you're bashing a First Amendment right to worship any way one pleases - nice, from a person who has sworn to , as you say, put your life on the line to protect that very right.... but then it's unlikely you ever put your life on the line, Rex, you were always 10-6 when the shite hit the fan, weren't you ?[/quote]

You sound like a a bleeding heart liberal...you really have no place in Law Enforcement.I hope you do not work for ESO.You sound like some guys i know from PPD or Santa Rosa, sad.

You are most likely a crappy cop(if you ever are one, you never know on this site, all the RMPT crowd) who is jealous of good Deputies, because you can not measure up, YOU are the misfit.We have a lot of trash in this county and although not all people we deal with are scumbags but the vast majority are.

02-24-2007, 05:40 PM
You sound like a a bleeding heart liberal...you really have no place in Law Enforcement.I hope you do not work for ESO.You sound like some guys i know from PPD or Santa Rosa, sad.

You are most likely a crappy cop(if you ever are one, you never know on this site, all the RMPT crowd) who is jealous of good Deputies, because you can not measure up, YOU are the misfit.We have a lot of trash in this county and although not all people we deal with are scumbags but the vast majority are.

It's obvious, Sally, that you are not now, nor ever will be, the yardstick against which 'good' or 'real' cops are measured. You are the butt of private jokes among real cops, and public shame for the disrepute you bring to the profession. Let's see, lower case 'i', incredibly malformed grammar, congenital stupidity evident in composition (probably a result of inbreeding), a disregard for the law you're sworn to uphold..... do I have the distinct displeasure of corresponding with David Brown or his ilk ? Giving the old ball and chain a day off from beatings ? No cheap costume jewelry to steal from the mall ? Released from your latest Baker Act ?

Jealous ? Not hardly, Sis.

02-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Sounds like you've got Richard White going there. Shouldn't you be back on your RMPT site? Aren't you way too smart for us mere mortals over here?

02-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Would someone please tell me who Richard White is and what he has to to with the SO?

I know who the rest of the group are but no clue who this one is or why he has a boner for law enforcement.

02-26-2007, 04:38 AM
He's a local PI and retired beverage agent who is on a certain stripclub owner's payroll now. He runs the RMPT site for her, supposed to be some kind of computer whiz...

Got arrested and tazed a few years back by the ecso, David Brown I think.

Does that explain of few of the anonymous posts about the Brown's?

He and a certain stripclub owner make a perfect couple, cant let go of the past or admit their own mistakes. Now they're on a crusade to slam local LEO's, especially Ronniemac, and align themselves with whomever they think can get them more publicity. Love to hear themselves talk and think they're much smarter than everyone else.

Hope that helps :)

02-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Yes it did, thank you very much. I've asked before but no one replied. Thanks!

getem
03-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Yes it did, thank you very much. I've asked before but no one replied. Thanks!

By the way, the vast majority of citizens out there are not scumbags. Unfortunately, you see alot of that in your profession but to say that all are like that is quite offensive. Don't forget, your family is amongst that vast majority.

03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Not sure why you assumed that I posted a comment about scumbags. I did not, so try to highlight the right poster when you decide to lecture anyone here.

09-03-2007, 09:02 AM

ohhhh, we're using acronyms now to try and fool the posers. As if knowing what "oconus" means somehow gives you credibility. I spent a year in Kosovo and a year in Iraq for my "oconus". Does that make me less of a poser?

What's hysterical is all the chest thumping on this board from people who can barely spell and regress to school yard name calling rather than actually debate an issue.

The issue at hand is/was about people posting on issues they had no first hand knowledge of. I suppose it's a moot point now since the Deputy in question was convicted. Now let's see if his certification gets pulled, since it's ONLY a misdemeanor civil rights violation. Not to mention the Feds assertion that he perjured himself. But since it's been alleged this whole episode is "Pensacola Politics" I guess I should just chalk it up to business as usual and move on.

A year in Kosovo and Iraq. I am so impressed. So did numerous other pouges that hid in the FOB'S (acronym for credibility). The only chest thumping going on is yours and wait, no chest thumping while wearing a CAB...That's right, pouges don't earn CAB's while OCONUS(acronym again). Another internet tough guy.