PDA

View Full Version : Any and all SPD info

02-05-2007, 07:06 AM
I am starting my application process and have been looking into Pembroke Pines PD and Sunrise PD, I was just wondering if anybody could give me any information about being a leo in Sunrise. Do you stay busy on the road going call to call? Any city hall issues like what is going on with FLPD? I heard PPPD issues all equipment, what does Sunrise issue? Anything else such as moral and things like that feel free to add. Thank you in advance.

02-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Everytime I see a post like this I want to kick through my computer screen and hit the person posting it in the face. Am I alone on this?

02-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Everytime I see a post like this I want to kick through my computer screen and hit the person posting it in the face. Am I alone on this?

Yes you are, sounds to me like the poster is trying to get all the facts before making a choice and you sound bitter because you didnt.

I say good luck and stay safe to the op.

02-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Yea i agree, dude needs to relax, if he is an officer I'd like to know how he passed the psych. There are so many choices and so many diffrent factors to consider before making a choice, especially when it takes 3-6mo out of your life. Wish I had the answers for ya though. Be safe!

02-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Go to Pembroke Pines. They got the best pension and contract.

02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Go to Pembroke Pines. They got the best pension and contract.

They have a pension that is going to make the city bankrupt. I talked to a hirer-up a Pines and the city doesn't know what they are going to do in 5 years with their current pension. Not to mention with the tax caps coming for our Governor you're better off going to a big agency. Coral Springs refuses to negotiate a contract because of the future tax caps. Cities won't have enough money to keep paying officers like they do. Taxes pay salaries, and when it's capped they are looking at a mere 3% raise is all they maybe able to do.

02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
I here PBSO's benefits and pension is good too...

02-15-2007, 11:08 PM
I here PBSO's benefits and pension is good too...

PBSO's pay and benefits are great. Their pension is FRS which I have and really like it. I don't contribute, and I have the investment option where most are walking away with near one million dollars after retirement.

02-16-2007, 03:56 AM
How is life in Sunrise? How much do you contribute to your pension?

02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
www.sunrisepolicepension.com (http://www.sunrisepolicepension.com) check out this site, hope it helps...

02-17-2007, 05:35 PM
www.sunrisepolicepension.com check out this site, hope it helps...

Thanks for the info.