PDA

View Full Version : Get Paid LESS Money

02-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Work for USF Police and you will make LESS money each year.

Inflation: 3.8%
USF "Cost of Living" increase: 3.0%
Amount we got shafted for: .8%

Parking increase last year: 20%
Parking increase this year: 20%

From what I hear the Chief's pay increase plan got turned down. So buckle up everyone, we are in for a ride.

02-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Take the cost of the parking permit off of your income taxes. I have been doing for over 10 years.

It is claimed as non reimbursed work expenses. You need it to work right?

I agree that it does suck that prices are going up, but who is going to stop the admin. from doing it? they don't have to answer to anyone now.

02-03-2007, 07:59 PM
You can only take it off of your taxes if you itemize deductions.

02-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Gov allowance-$7,550 for single
-$10,300 for married

Unless you have paid a lot of interest on a home, you probably won't beat the allowance.

It's a bummer about the pay raises getting rejected. From what I understand, with us getting the grant to take on more jurisdiction, with the higher crime rate areas surrounding the university commuinty, we will be increasing the work load, but no comparable pay raises to the added work load :(

02-04-2007, 03:38 AM
Is the rejection official? If so,,,,Man overboard!!!!!

02-04-2007, 12:03 PM
HOW CAN A RAISE BE REJECTED BEFORE THE CONTRACT NEG'S EVEN STARTED??????

SOMEONE IS PISSING ON YOUR HEAD AND TELLING YOU ITS RAINING!!!!

02-04-2007, 02:53 PM
The way it was explained to me, the pay package had nothing to do with the contract negotiations or PBA. I'm sure if the university approved the raise, PBA would approve it also. Wait and see I quess.

02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
So maybe those troublemakers and whiners that work for our dept. shut-up for awhile since our Chief has just addressed the rumor's you all started. Also, get this straight. This chief is not like the old one. He has balls and will address rumors and lies directly , and not let them fester.

Way to go Chief. Keep up the good work !!! The only good thing about if the pay plan gets denied, is that the whiners will leave. So either way it is a win-win scenario. We all know who you guys are !!! LOL

02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Like I said SOME ONE IS PISSING ON YOUR HEAD AND TELLING YOU ITS RAINING !!!!!!!

"someone told me this , someone told me that" "this is what I heard" BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!!!

ENOUGH ALREADY WITH YOU!!!!!!!

Please Mr or Miss rumor hound, If you no longer work here please get on with your new career. If you still work here please check your facts by asking the the correct people be fore you post your b itching and FALSE rumors here.

Looks like your B.S went all the way to the top and it was answered. Give this guy a chance.

02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Just a cop needs some anger management training. Looks like "big fish in a little pond" syndrome.

02-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Like I said SOME ONE IS PISSING ON YOUR HEAD AND TELLING YOU ITS RAINING !!!!!!!

Listen you TOOL, if you are gonna quote a great movie, at least do your homework:

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

I can't wait till JUNE to see if we get a pay raise, and that is only for sworn...

02-07-2007, 04:16 AM
LoL.....my back has been wet a few times, more than once. I've got to say that some of the changes the Chief wants, or has made is not good for us, or the University. But the pay proposals are great! And that makes up for a lot. Better pay, more inspiration and interest in the job.

Johnson or Uravich didn't even try for officer pay raises, they were on their way out and didn't care as long as the minimum status quo was met. The results; a police department left in bad moral, with people quiting left and right. The new hires just taking the job to get their foot in the door, and moving on to other agencies. People would think twice if the pay was competitive.

There use to be a step plan for pay raises at USF, at least for patrol, corporal, and Sergeants, but it was taken away uder the Uravich administration..,probably to save the Police Department money, take away from the unworthy patrol (backbone of the agency), and keep the USF Admin happy with a low budget for the UP. A step increase use to be 10%, but that has went down over the years, now it is 4% (ouch).

The negelect over the years of pay raises has and still is coming around full circle now. The raises the Chief is proposing will probably not go through, but at least he is trying. Out of this, some kind of step plan raises may be achieved It will keep USF in step with the surrounding agencies and help to keep a retention of people.

The pay raises should also include dispatchers too. It has been the trend in the last five years or so to hire dispatchers of mediocre quality or the good ones dont stay around long , and if there is a shortage...the patrol division has to cover it, even though they are short a lot of times. The LEO sworn supervisors over dispatch have never had to cover dispatch as part of their job. These factors also cause for more low patrol morale.

02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I worked under Uravich. He didn't get rid of the step plan. He didn't have the authority to do that. It was taken away from the Florida Legislature. There was a time when Uravich was Chief that layoffs were being considered for USF because there was no money in the Florida budget. It never happpened thankfully. But don't blame a man for something that isnt true. He may not have been as aggressive as our current Chief, but he didn't sit around looking for ways to take money away from officers.

02-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Even with an E mail from the Chief, a few people will still continue churn their rumor mills.

Oh by the way
Sorry I didnt quote the movie line correctly. I did'nt even know it came from a movie LOL

02-08-2007, 04:16 AM
I just want the same deal a secretary got.... 15% ish raise, get to work late and leave early EVERYDAY.

02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
I just want the same deal a secretary got.... 15% ish raise, get to work late and leave early EVERYDAY.

get to work late and leave early EVERYDAY??? Is that even possible?

what brand you smokin dude?

02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
So I guess this is the new topic of *****ing, secretary hours. Will the B.S. ever end.

Its like a bunch of 4 year olds on here

02-08-2007, 09:48 PM
The funny thing is, the majority of the *****ing on this site comes from someone that is'nt even sworn (read between the lines).

02-10-2007, 06:52 AM

what are you talking about and to know what people are getting percentage wise? interesting.

02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
what are you talking about and to know what people are getting percentage wise? interesting.

Hey detective, you ever do an INQUIRE to GEMS.

Public record is a B1TCH

02-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Calm down lol you sound angry or something.

02-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Case of Kleenex in the Training Room for all whiners

02-14-2007, 01:47 AM
The beautiful thing about this forum is that it is an open public forum. It's nice to hear all the posts and ideas.