PDA

View Full Version : Email Regarding Allegations of Ethnic Slurs in MBPD

01-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Please read the letter sent by the City Manager to the Mayor in response to an anonymous email. You will get a laugh!

Go to the City of Miami Beach Web site. Go to E-Government and scoll down to letters to the Commission.

Please let us know your thoughts on this form.

Thank you!

02-01-2007, 02:18 AM
What happened to the allegation of the capt. Asking. The sgt. If he needed to get physical with him? The manager did not address that issue. Should the commisioners not know that part of it since he should be getting promoted soon. Only time will tell.

02-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Unbelievable. What happened to part two and three of that story. Part two: The Sgt speaks with the Captain and is threatened with physical violence. Part three: The Sgt meets with the Chief and is told to hold off a couple of months and not say anything since the Capt and Lt will probably not be in CID much longer. (probably because the Chief is going to promote them)

Someone should send another anonymous e-mail explaning the whole story. This time it should also go to the media.

02-02-2007, 02:15 AM
I was told that the whole story was explained in the email. The Manager did not address it on his email to the Mayor. It's not over!

02-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Well it made in Friday's Miami Herald, local section,,,,"Read All About It"

02-04-2007, 02:47 AM
THERE IS MORE COMING!

Posted on Thu, Feb. 01, 2007email thisprint thisFollowing complaints, Beach lieutenant takes diversity trainingBY DAVID OVALLE
dovalle@MiamiHerald.com
A Miami Beach police lieutenant was ordered to take diversity training after one of his detectives complained that he frequently used ethnic slurs, according to a recently penned city memo.

Police leaders told Lt. Robert Elmore, who heads the criminal investigations unit, that ''this behavior would not be tolerated and needed to cease immediately,'' City Manager Jorge M. Gonzalez wrote to the mayor and City Commission on Jan. 26.

The affair has roiled police ranks in recent weeks, sparking dozens of messages on a popular law enforcement website and an anonymous e-mail sent to city commissioners.

According to the memo, Sgt. A.J. Prieto complained late last year that although the two were friends, he had grown tired of Elmore using ``derogatory names when referring to members of Sgt. Prieto's squad.''

Prieto told his superiors he didn't want to pursue a formal complaint but wanted the ``name-calling to stop once and for all.''

Elmore, however, said Prieto's detectives often bantered and ''some of his squad members have made wise cracks and comments to him and he has made comments back to them,'' the memo said.

Elmore completed the ''Leadership Diversity for Superiors'' course on Saturday.

An anonymous e-mail was circulated describing allegations of racial slurs.

Because of that, Miami Beach's internal affairs division took a sworn statement from Prieto, who stressed that the ''matter had been addressed'' and no more incidents involving Elmore had happened, the memo said.

02-04-2007, 03:23 AM
So,
If I am to believe what I hear (and read) the involved Sgt. is a hyper sensitive cheese, the lt. is a total moron and the Cpt. is insane. The problem is, I have worked with all three for most of my career and, while they all have faults (where to begin?) those listed are not among them. If there is a fourth party who is trying to stir things up or sending e-mails or alerting the press please come see me. I hate to call a person a coward unworthy of the profession unless I can do it face to face. My number is easy to get and I will meet you anywhere you want. If not, if I have to come to you, it will be done in public, no matter who is present. Please, borrow a spine if you have to, and come see me.

02-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Quoted text referred to a deleted post and has been removed by Sysop

HEY (initials removed by Sysop) you are a BONE HEAD ( no punn intended) calling AJ a cheese is like you saying you have a spine.
I can give you a list two miles long of guys he didn't cheese out. so before you go and try to put the wrong lable on a guy who is by definition STAND UP
why don't you try finding a bike helment that actually fits that Huge Gord Head of yours.

I can count over 60 cops he has helped in the past 12 years that i have been here. I can also count over 60 cops you have hurt.
So you can still try to label him with lies that no one is going to belive , primarly beacuse you dont have your facts straight .
As for him he can buy the house next to you on both sides for cash and sell them to 40 over crack heads . So watch who you talk shat about , your not all that bobble head. In fact your pretty stupid

02-05-2007, 04:00 PM
to challenge a suborinate to a fight is conduct unbeacoming. :!:

I would want to know why the "selective enforcment"
why no allegation of employee misconduct was not generated
why as to this date no statments were taken as to him challenging a suborinate to a fight .

The criminal charge is assault , by definaition.
so why is this not looked at ? why is the department creating vicarious liability by not investigating the matter.
sweeping this under the rug will only promote corruption and further unbeacomming conduct.
:?:

02-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Bythebook:

Very well said.

You are right.

This type of behavior promotes future coverups.

By the way, has anyone seen the Chief Delucca lately. He has not at roll- calls. I would be hiding too.

02-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Howard I can help you!

It will take extensive therapy, and medication that has not yet hit the market.

02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Chief DD: Next promotion.

Our future leader.

How can you go one day as an officer, and a motorman sitting in the NESS and the JAIL as a super ZERO
to a super HERO
how to you get assigned a call for service ,"arrive" on the call and go back in servive " no report 09-Bravo , unable to locate all in the span of One MIN?
ANSWER----- ? ? ? ? ?
WORD FOR THE DAY HYPOCRITE

02-07-2007, 07:11 PM
well a "new assignment" could be looked at taking "action"
a delayed action at the best, too bad that won't work

you still need an allegation of employee misconduct

you still need the state attorneys office to decide if they a direct file for assault will be direct filed.
you still need a letter of repremand in his shift file , H.R. file, and services file.

a transfer is only a transfer of liability like a nut shell game.
you can't have violence in the work place. That would be promoting vicarious liability.
to ignore it after it has been brought to everyones attention including the PUBLIC , is vicarious liability.
any futher promotion is totally out of the question, a demotion would be the only alternative due to the fact that "supervision" is the core issue at hand next to possible instability.

I would be worried if some one did a public information request in a few weeks on this and his shift file under the Florida State Sunshine law.
That could turn things upside down for the city.

I think violence in the work place is subsantially as serious as the allegation against the lieutenant that this Captain directly supervised.

If they do a public information request on the Captain and don't find a repremand for Conduct unbeacomming , they are creating tremendous liability for all of us, not to mention no officers could ever recive disipline for violence in the work place.
a Transfer to services is just a delay in vicarious liability. It is misfeesance , at best it is unacceptable.

02-08-2007, 12:00 PM
BYTHE BOOK is that FSS 119, like a 119 request for public info?

02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
YES ITS CALLED THE SUNSHINE LAW I LOOKED IT UP FSS119

AND I THINK ITS WRONG THAT SERVICES IS GOING TO INHERET BS

passing liability from one to another to avoid discipline is ethiclly wrong

the bottom line is he is not a nice person, those pepole who say hi to him ( notice how few) are doing it beacuse they feel obligated.
most say nothing to him at all
he is not a nice person .
infact major w told him to leave those services people alone, beacuse he expects him to be himdelf and make people misrable , just for the sake of making people misrable.

any one find out if the allegation of employee misconsuct was drafted yet?
The city is making A HUGE mistake by not documenting BS
I belive they will........... if they don't (STAND BY!)
the law suits will all bring the violence incident up.

thats all I have here from lap top land for now.......... I will be checking

02-15-2007, 11:13 PM
SO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS THING
????????????????????????????????????????
GIVE ME SOME UPDATES

Unregistered
10-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Wow Wow wow wow