PDA

View Full Version : CCSO

01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I am interested in applying for CCSO. Is it a pretty busy department? Would it be a good department work for? How are the FTO's and how long is FTO? How is all the equipment (laptops, 800 mhz radio system, LED lighting system)? Does the department do any contract policing with some of the cities in the county?

02-01-2007, 04:46 PM
We have a good department and we are steady with calls. If you are looking for robberies and gun fights on a regular basis we woud not be the place. We have laptops, 800 radios (soon to be digital), led on most of our cars the older ones still have rotation lights. FTO's are about 50/50 that you will get a good one or one that works 12 hours and goes home. Our FTO program is 16 weeks unless you have experience in the state then it can be modified.

Overall we are a good department to work for. And yes we have the BS that every other department has in the country.

02-02-2007, 04:39 AM
Well thanks for the information. I have an interview coming up with in the next month. Do you have any advice for me? I am a non-certified candidate, so the more advice the better my chances.

02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
As a 20+ year deputy I highly resent that totally false and inaccurate statement.

CCSO is a good agency to work for. It is a growing agency in a growing community. Salaries could always be better and we are always short handed, but the grand majority of the deps are intelligent and caring officers.

02-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I highly doubt the "deputy" works for us. And if for some strange reason they passed the Psych Test, they need to go somewhere else. This is a great agency.

02-06-2007, 12:46 AM
I've worked for 2 agencies before Charlotte SO. Charlotte is by far the best. The equipment is getting better all the time and the money has gotten alot better. The only thing that blows here is the paper work. Hopefully the admin will one day realize you can get arrests and reports done with half the paper work this agency requires. plus, Deps won';t be discouraged to make arrests because of all the flippin forms that have to be filled out. And, it won;t ake a guy off the streets for so damn long. But, other than that, you won't here many complaints here. The admin us usually pretty fair if your honest with them..

02-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Well sounds like a good agency with a lot to offer. As for things like the excessive amounts of paper work, thats not big deal since I will have to learn how to do it anyways. Its still a long shot for me to be considered for employment since I am young and they need to sponsor me for the academy.

02-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Does the department sponosr many non-certified candidates through the LEO academy?

02-12-2007, 12:53 AM
If you a squared away they will sponsor you.

02-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Is it pretty competitive because I am debating whether to fly down for an interview. I have a AS degree in Criminal Justice and currently work in a non-sworn position as a CSO for a Police Department, but I am only 20.

02-12-2007, 03:53 AM
Is it pretty competitive because I am debating whether to fly down for an interview. I have a AS degree in Criminal Justice and currently work in a non-sworn position as a CSO for a Police Department, but I am only 20.

You are correct. It is competitive because they get ALOT of applicants. However if you are squared away and law enforcement is the career you want I encourage you to apply. There are ALOT of applicants but whether or not they are qualified is another thing.

08-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I would not call this place a growing community, its falling apart in the private sector.

08-05-2012, 11:59 PM
The private sector across the country except for a few small pockets is falling apart thanks to Obama. I HOPE he doesn't get a second term because we could use some CHANGE.

08-06-2012, 02:51 AM

You are correct. It is competitive because they get ALOT of applicants. However if you are squared away and law enforcement is the career you want I encourage you to apply. There are ALOT of applicants but whether or not they are qualified is another thing.

Just read the rest of this forum, who the hell would want to come to CCSO. :?: :cop: