PDA

View Full Version : New Police Dept. formed

01-31-2007, 02:35 AM
Everyone should go to the Miami Gardens Police website. This is a newly formed police agency in Miami-Dade County. They are offering excellent incentives for joining. Check it out!!!!

02-05-2007, 03:42 AM
Everyone should go to the Miami Gardens Police website. This is a newly formed police agency in Miami-Dade County. They are offering excellent incentives for joining. Check it out!!!!
Yeah it sure looks great. Especially if you want one of their 3 detective spots or want to work for unproven supervisors in a ghetto for the rest of your career.

REX99
02-09-2007, 04:17 AM

If you are not familiar with district II of Fort Lauderdale maybe you should take a ride and look around. North of Broward Blvd, East of MLK, West of Flagler and South of 26 ST, drive around and you will see a photo snapshot Miami Gardens. Not that I want to put MGPD down but there’s lots of crime there. If you familiar with the Miami-Dade PO that got arrested by OCSO back 97 well guest what???? He is now a councilman in that city.

There’s no other way to attract leos to that city unless you pay them well. Take a trip around like I said and you’ll see the city for what is worth. Even though the majority of Miami Gardens residents are hard working people there’s a large group of thugs living there.

02-09-2007, 05:51 AM
lol yea, i see miami gardens on channel 7 every day... :D

02-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey REX99, get off our thread. You couldn't even cope with this city. Everyone knows you would never be able to handle a city with other problems. Go back to Wackenhut.

REX99
02-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Hey REX99, get off our thread. You couldn't even cope with this city. Everyone knows you would never be able to handle a city with other problems. Go back to Wackenhut.

Hey FLPDPO PSAs are not supposed to post here, ohh wait, you’re not even that! Now that you mention it, Wackenhut is looking for security car washers, I’ll grab you an app.

02-10-2007, 02:46 PM
REX99 I don't want to work with you, so saty at Wackenhut dreaming of being a FLPD officer. You will never make it man. Quit posting on our threads.

REX99
02-11-2007, 01:58 AM
REX99 I don't want to work with you, so saty at Wackenhut dreaming of being a FLPD officer. You will never make it man. Quit posting on our threads.

Girlfriend I can post wherever I want to and before you say “OUR” post, you most be one (LEO). It seems that you’re sort of a jealous ***** since I actually have something to say contrary to you. Go troll somewhere else and let the real leos post and discuss real issues here.

02-11-2007, 03:20 AM

FLPD slugs have so much time post here??? who the hell is working the streets…….

02-11-2007, 03:52 AM
It certainly isn't REX99, because he is not a police officer. He is a wanna be, but never will be. I have been a police officer for the city of Ft. Lauderdale, hense the title FL (Ft. Lauderdale) PD (Police Dept.) PO (Police Officer), for those stupid ones (that's you REX99) for over 18 years. I have worked the streets here and am proud to say that. REX99 you haven't worked anything but Wackenhut, dreaming of being a police officer...something you will never be. So get lost wanna be, but will never be. And if I find out who you are......

02-11-2007, 04:10 AM
This REX99 is a pain in the ass. He is posting all over the place. Why don't we call him Cabana Boy from now on. He can fetch us our drinks, our towels, etc. That is about as close to a police officer he will ever get. Being our Cabana Boy.

02-12-2007, 10:53 PM

Not only that the city manger is the same Miami-Dade cop who got arrested by Orange County SO many years ago after he refused to sign a ticket. It made headlines when he resisted arrest. Wow what a good city this is going to be!!! Also, Miami Gardens wants to hire 150 Police Officers including Road, Detectives, and Brass. The population of Miami Gardens is in the area of 105,000 people. In Palm Beach County the city of Delray, and Boynton have 150+ officers. I'm not a rocket scientist but Delray and Boynton only have about 60,000 people in the city limits. I work is Margate and we have 127 Officers, and a city population around 54,000. That means in Miami Gardens these officers will be humping calls in an area that makes Lauderhill look nice. This just shows how corrupt cities are and how eager they are to control their officers and the city, i.e. Riviera Beach. If they weren't they would have left Miami-Dade to do the job. Let's face it; Metro Law Enforcement is the way we’re heading.

You boys in Fort Luaderdale have a tough job. Stay safe.

02-13-2007, 04:38 AM

Not only that the city manger is the same Miami-Dade cop who got arrested by Orange County SO many years ago after he refused to sign a ticket. It made headlines when he resisted arrest. Wow what a good city this is going to be!!! Also, Miami Gardens wants to hire 150 Police Officers including Road, Detectives, and Brass. The population of Miami Gardens is in the area of 105,000 people. In Palm Beach County the city of Delray, and Boynton have 150+ officers. I'm not a rocket scientist but Delray and Boynton only have about 60,000 people in the city limits. I work is Margate and we have 127 Officers, and a city population around 54,000. That means in Miami Gardens these officers will be humping calls in an area that makes Lauderhill look nice. This just shows how corrupt cities are and how eager they are to control their officers and the city, i.e. Riviera Beach. If they weren't they would have left Miami-Dade to do the job. Let's face it; Metro Law Enforcement is the way we’re heading.

I apologize on my spelling of Fort Lauderdale.

02-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Wow, sounds pretty crappy. Just like the city, a cesspool.

02-22-2007, 04:49 AM

Before you cheer for metro law enforcement you should check your history and see why we went away from it. Also, the reason MG can have fewer officers is because they are still going to contract all but three of the detectives spots out to Miami Dade and they will have no other specialty units. Don't get me wrong it will still be a crappy place to work I just wanted to throw that out there.

02-22-2007, 04:27 PM

Before you cheer for metro law enforcement you should check your history and see why we went away from it. Also, the reason MG can have fewer officers is because they are still going to contract all but three of the detectives spots out to Miami Dade and they will have no other specialty units. Don't get me wrong it will still be a crappy place to work I just wanted to throw that out there.

We need a larger agency to have all the "toys" in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade counties. I get so sick of people arguing metro when they look at Miami-Dade as a reference. There are so many agencies in the country who've proven metro is more effective. Charlotte NC is metro and they do a damn good job at what they do, I only talk about them b/c I worked there before coming here. I know everyone is going to ask if it was so good why did you leave, and the answers is, my family wanted to live somewhere warmer. The reason so many don't want metro is because the city feels they can't control the police, the same reason Miami Gardens wants their own PD. I'm not saying all agencies should go metro, but without at least one large agency who's going to provide all the resources to the other cities? FHP? FDLE? YEA RIGHT. We don't have a state police like Michigan or Virginia who have all the resources to provide to all the cities with in their state. What I'm saying if cities continue to annex property in Miami-Dade who's going to provide such necessities as aviation, crime lab, and have enough resources and manpower that won't hurt to send them out for emergencies? I work in Medium city in Palm Beach and we have a shooting and a robbery within the same time frame we don’t have the manpower to cover everything. The Sheriff up here does, and does a great job with contract policing. Miami and even Fort Lauderdale can't afford to run aviation for themselves let along the whole county. Helicopters cost so much to run and the cities are always using Miami-Dade and BSO's helicopters. I agree Miami-Dade isn't as good as they were, and maybe now quite simply suck. I still feel some form of Metro whether is Metro Dade or the Sheriff or even if it were the Broward Metro Police is far more effective than having 20+ different police agencies. If it wasn't more effective and more cost efficient why are the majority of populated areas some form of metro and why is Florida always backwards? BSO could be a lot better with a better Sheriff, but they do a pretty good job with being run by an idiot. Fort Lauderdale is in financial crisis as it West Palm Beach. It cost a lot to run a city PD and FD. We all know Miami Gardens is doomed for failure. I Apologize to all Fort Laud cops for using space on their board. Be safe.

02-22-2007, 08:43 PM

We need a larger agency to have all the "toys" in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade counties. I get so sick of people arguing metro when they look at Miami-Dade as a reference. There are so many agencies in the country who've proven metro is more effective. Charlotte NC is metro and they do a darn good job at what they do, I only talk about them b/c I worked there before coming here. I know everyone is going to ask if it was so good why did you leave, and the answers is, my family wanted to live somewhere warmer. The reason so many don't want metro is because the city feels they can't control the police, the same reason Miami Gardens wants their own PD. I'm not saying all agencies should go metro, but without at least one large agency who's going to provide all the resources to the other cities? FHP? FDLE? YEA RIGHT. We don't have a state police like Michigan or Virginia who have all the resources to provide to all the cities with in their state. What I'm saying if cities continue to annex property in Miami-Dade who's going to provide such necessities as aviation, crime lab, and have enough resources and manpower that won't hurt to send them out for emergencies? I work in Medium city in Palm Beach and we have a shooting and a robbery within the same time frame we don’t have the manpower to cover everything. The Sheriff up here does, and does a great job with contract policing. Miami and even Fort Lauderdale can't afford to run aviation for themselves let along the whole county. Helicopters cost so much to run and the cities are always using Miami-Dade and BSO's helicopters. I agree Miami-Dade isn't as good as they were, and maybe now quite simply suck. I still feel some form of Metro whether is Metro Dade or the Sheriff or even if it were the Broward Metro Police is far more effective than having 20+ different police agencies. If it wasn't more effective and more cost efficient why are the majority of populated areas some form of metro and why is Florida always backwards? BSO could be a lot better with a better Sheriff, but they do a pretty good job with being run by an idiot. Fort Lauderdale is in financial crisis as it West Palm Beach. It cost a lot to run a city PD and FD. We all know Miami Gardens is doomed for failure. I Apologize to all Fort Laud cops for using space on their board. Be safe.

I agree with the above post, however I think Metro sucks. I worked there and they really mess a lot of things up. This seems to be the case all over Miami. Contract policing is the way to go, the city can stipulate what they want and how they want it. I also agree that there is a need for a large agency with many resources within the populated areas of Florida. Besides the fact I just want to say to all the Fort Lauderdale cops, keep up the good work. You work for a city who doesn't support you and the citizens feel the same as the city. You have a hard job but remember there are other cops in the area who support you. Stay safe.

03-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I heard Ft. Lauderdale pays the lowest in the County for its Police Officers. That's not good.

05-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Much the same as the Davie Town Council is considering the sheriff's office for contract law enforcement services, I believe othe cities should consider the same. A metropolitan police department is the way to go. By the way, that Metro police major who was 39'd (or 15'd depending on where you work) was acquitted of felony battery on a leo and resisting arrest.

05-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I heard Ft. Lauderdale pays the lowest in the County for its Police Officers. That's not good.

Not true; Top Pay for officers in 2007.

Fort Lauderdale :$63,898.60
Hillsborough Beach: $57,077
Lighthouse Point: $61,618
Margate: $ 63,580
Sea Ranch Lakes: $ 44,000
Wilton Manors: $62,987

Also, Fort Lauderdale reaches top pay in 6 years while others take 10 or more.

05-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Ft. Lauderdale just re-did their contract though right?

05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Ft. Lauderdale just re-did their contract though right?
No, we are in negotiations right now. This contract expires in Sept '07

05-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Good...hopefully they get a nice little boost.

05-17-2007, 05:17 PM
All one needs to do is look at Wilton Manors to see why contracting with S.O. (metro) is a good idea for some agencies. Wilton Manors took on one of FLPD's former captains to run the PD and he has done nothing but turn a once thriving agency into what it is today a department in turmoil. It is now the poster child for reasons to contract outside for police services. What was this guy like in FLPD? Come visit the Wilton Manors blog and just see what he has done. BTW good luck with your contract FLPD.

05-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Check out Sunrise's message board, they got a monster of a contract, 2nd highest paid in the state also. they are getting a new P.D. and Chief, seems like things are turning for the better out there.....

06-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I APPLIED, WAITING TO HEAR FROM THEM, I LIVE ON THE WEST COAST AND NOT HAPPY WITH MY LOW PAYING DEPARTMENT. I WORKED VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOODS UP NORTH SO THATS NOT MY PROBLEM. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WOULD THIS DEPARTMENT SUCCEED OR FAIL AND IF SO WOULD I BE ABLE TO GET HIRED IN MIAMI OR FT LAUDERDALE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE IF I MAKE THIS MOVE WITH MY FAMILY?

06-16-2007, 02:44 AM
I APPLIED, WAITING TO HEAR FROM THEM, I LIVE ON THE WEST COAST AND NOT HAPPY WITH MY LOW PAYING DEPARTMENT. I WORKED VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOODS UP NORTH SO THATS NOT MY PROBLEM. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WOULD THIS DEPARTMENT SUCCEED OR FAIL AND IF SO WOULD I BE ABLE TO GET HIRED IN MIAMI OR FT LAUDERDALE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE IF I MAKE THIS MOVE WITH MY FAMILY?

tip, move north of palm beach county.

06-18-2007, 12:46 PM

The problem is the cost of housing. To get into a decent 3 bedroom in a decent neighborhood you'll be spending at least 350K although the slump is making it a buyer's market. Still if you're the only one making a salary it's tough. But for anyone new who can stick out this rough time: there will be lots of opportunity for those who remain just because so many are leaving. Seniority will go up quickly. Either the contracts will get better or FLPD will eventually be taken over by BSO. Now FLPD is the lowest paid. Every department in the county was the lowest paid one time or another; except for Coral Springs.

09-02-2007, 08:01 AM

FLPD slugs have so much time post here??? who the hell is working the streets……. Hey skippy,... do us all a favor and go back to being an AI with a gun. Leave this thread to the REAL POLICEMEN, sonny.

09-05-2007, 05:44 PM
retired swine. I had to listen to you ***** for twenty years. Get a job as a Walmart greeter and get away from your key board.

09-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I agree with the above post, however I think Metro sucks. I worked there and they really mess a lot of things up. This seems to be the case all over Miami. Contract policing is the way to go, the city can stipulate what they want and how they want it. I also agree that there is a need for a large agency with many resources within the populated areas of Florida. Besides the fact I just want to say to all the Fort Lauderdale cops, keep up the good work. You work for a city who doesn't support you and the citizens feel the same as the city. You have a hard job but remember there are other cops in the area who support you. Stay safe.

Better yet, why not extrapolate this to its logical terminus: a national police force! Universal radio system, vehicles, uniforms (maybe tan and black with knee-high black boots, all black for the brass?). Deployment of resources based on need (or political loyalty). Plus, the corruption that can be had on a federal level will make our local politics look bush league!

(for those of you without a sarcasm detector, that's not to be taken seriously)

Who knows which system is better, metro or muni. Least of all me. I do know that the status quo will survive until politicians have a reason to change it. It seems certain city officials love having their own police department to control. Others want to cease funding altogether.

Anyway, we appreciate the respect. Some of us still love the job, and hopefully, the city will show some this time around. Not holding my breath, though. Everything goes in cycles... Sunrise will be among the lowest paid again sometime in the next 20 years. Hopefully the inverse is true for us.

I'm not jumping ship for a new department without a contract, that's for sure.