PDA

View Full Version : Buying your own uniforms??

01-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Just curious about something I heard regarding FHP's academy. I was told you have to pay for your own recruit uniforms, in addition to about $200 worth of PT gear when you attend their academy. Do you get reimbursed for this once you complete the training? FHP's site clearly states that employees receive all uniforms and equipment courtesy of the state.

Anyone have an answer?

01-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Anyone??? Beuller?

01-31-2007, 03:25 PM
A recruit is responsible for buying their own recruit uniforms and pt gear. While at the academy, they wear a different uniform than a regular Trooper. The recruits are not reimbursed for the expense. Upon graduating the academy, all uniform stuff is provided with the exception of footwear.
There are usually quite a few recruits that don't graduate for one reason or another. It would be pretty expensive if the State had to buy uniforms for everyone when there would be no guaruntee that they would graduate.

01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah, heaven forbid the state spend any extra money. We would hate to break into that 3 billion dollar surplus.....You even get f$%&#& at the academy. They make you pay like $35 for a pair of freaking sweat pants.

01-31-2007, 10:46 PM
LOL :lol:

01-31-2007, 11:50 PM
This is just the beginning. You will be paying out alot more during your career. Make a wise decision and go elsewhere.

02-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info.

02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Just curious about something I heard regarding FHP's academy. I was told you have to pay for your own recruit uniforms, in addition to about $200 worth of PT gear when you attend their academy. Do you get reimbursed for this once you complete the training? FHP's site clearly states that employees receive all uniforms and equipment courtesy of the state.

Anyone have an answer?

They also say college graduates get $80 extra a month once hired. Funny, I was only paid until 4 months AFTER I graduated the academy and they would not back pay me anymore. Just one of the many lies from FHP and the state of Florida!

02-05-2008, 02:07 AM

Anyone have an answer?

They also say college graduates get $80 extra a month once hired. Funny, I was only paid until 4 months AFTER I graduated the academy and they would not back pay me anymore. Just one of the many lies from FHP and the state of Florida!

Something doesn't sound right here

02-05-2008, 02:41 AM
:twisted: Sally Struthers....... I do not think you will make the height and weight policy! The last time I saw you were pushing 300lbs and about 4'9".

02-05-2008, 02:42 AM
:twisted: Sally Struthers....... I do not think you will make the height and weight policy! The last time I saw you were pushing 300lbs and about 4'9".

:shock:

02-05-2008, 02:42 AM

Anyone have an answer?

I was certified in September, graduated in November and they would not pay me my extra $80 a month until the following February. I was out of FTO by then.

02-05-2008, 06:58 AM

Anyone have an answer?

Call payroll and see what the problem is. If something is wrong they wont fix it till you bring it to their attention.

I was certified in September, graduated in November and they would not pay me my extra $80 a month until the following February. I was out of FTO by then.

02-05-2008, 09:09 AM

:shock:

but if she thinks like her daddy Archie, she will fit right in with command. Especially the 6