PDA

View Full Version : There is a serious priority problem

01-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Someone tell me I am wrong but it seems that the only way to get the attention of sheriff is to dump garbage somewhere.

Other sheriffs in the area go on tv and talk about criminals and crime and jail or community problems,, this guy seems to really have a thing for garbage. Cleaning up garbage is really nice but does that require the personal attention of the sheriff? One would think there are much more pressing issues at the sheriff's office. Who is handling the really important stuff?

After looking this site over it sure seems to me that there are a lot more important issues he should be working on and maybe assign a deputy someone at a lower rank to work on this dumping problem. Does the sheriff and a major really need to waste our tax dollars spending a day with some dumped tires?

And what is up with that little hat with the feather in it, who dresses this guy?

The Shadow
01-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Someone tell me I am wrong but it seems that the only way to get the attention of sheriff is to dump garbage somewhere.

Other sheriffs in the area go on tv and talk about criminals and crime and jail or community problems,, this guy seems to really have a thing for garbage. Cleaning up garbage is really nice but does that require the personal attention of the sheriff? One would think there are much more pressing issues at the sheriff's office. Who is handling the really important stuff?

After looking this site over it sure seems to me that there are a lot more important issues he should be working on and maybe assign a deputy someone at a lower rank to work on this dumping problem. Does the sheriff and a major really need to waste our tax dollars spending a day with some dumped tires?

And what is up with that little hat with the feather in it, who dresses this guy?

There are some very serious problems within the sheriff's department. Not only on patrol, but inside the jail too.

Something you have to consider though is that, it is a very politcal office, where the image of the sheriff is the number one priority, not necessarily crime or the prevention of it. Is illegal dumping a crime? yes it is. Should the county use their resources to combat the problem? yes but only if you have the resources.

Take this into consideration. Of four platoons on patrol, only two are completly manned, the other two are both short at least two officers. So let's say you only have five officers to cover five zones, one officer goes on a domestic call, and the officer in the next zone goes to back him up, how many officers are you left with to take care of anything else like stopping illegal dumping?

Now ask yourself what is the department doing about that problem? Not a whole lot, there are plenty of detention officers that would give their right arm to go out on the road, but instead they're left to wither in the jail while a handful of officers are hired who have spent little or no time inside the jail.

Yes it's true Virginia, the Washington County Sheriff's Office is a very cruel and unfair place to be, and the number one priority is make the sheriff look good, and make his voters think he's actually looking out for them.

01-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Seems like the way you described it is pretty accurate. It also seems like a person could be selling drugs or DUI or something as long as they dont litter things will be ok.

It is a shame that someone has no real concern for anyone but himself and how he looks and I saw that silly hat too, welcome to the 1940's. There sure seems like there is a lot to work with it is very unfortunate and sad things are run like this.

01-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Very true. And if you look at Kent Harris, as dirty as he probably is, at least when he trys to make himself look good, he's doing it in the anti-drug arena. I wonder why Graybeal doesn't take a more proactive stance against drugs and DUI's, and reckless drivers? Take those radar units that were recently purchased? What good are they if officers aren't allowed to use them? Does the phrase, "every ticket is a vote against the sheriff" sound familar?

MR. OBVIOUS
02-25-2007, 01:56 AM
Perhaps the credo of this administration really is "COVER YOUR LOAD" as the Sheriff suggests on those obnoxious public service announcements on the radio. I suppose it's easy to take a stand on something that offers the path of least resistance by putting all your collective eggs in one basket and taking such a bold stand against that awful-awful trash.

At least the Sheriff from Unicoi isn't afraid to voice his opinions on subject matter occurring within the confines of his county. Maybe he isn't afraid of not getting invited to the next Rotary Club wienee roast like someone else we know. :roll:

02-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Graybeals number one priority above all others is to stay in the good graces of the Washington County Republican commitee. They are the ones that gets a canidate elected in Washington county. They make sure it gets done period.

It is ironic though, that Greaybeal was a registered democrat until he decided to run for sheriff, but changed parties to ensure his win.

How long is the media going to ignore his shenanigans?

02-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Dear Mr./Ms/ Deputy Shadow,
In reference to your recent post about Sheriff Graybeal being a registered democrat prior to becoming Sheriff. Where did you find your information? You seem to know alot about the goings on at WCSO, and you seem so displeased with your job, have you ever stopped and wondered just how pleased that your superiors are with the way you do your job. So please tell us just how your research has revealed that the Sheriff was a registered democrat.

03-01-2007, 12:51 AM
When he was under phillips admistration he was a registered democrat most people know that.

The Shadow
03-01-2007, 12:50 PM
You are confusing being displeased with the job and being displeased with the way that the work place is run. I love the job, and that is exactly why I think it the citizens of Washington county are being shortchanged. What else would you call it when the officers themselves are handcuffed from doing their job? The so called superiors are satisfied with the way you do your job, as long as it doesn't call their family or friends into question. See what happens when you pull someone they know over. As for how I know about the sheriff being a former dmeocrat? aisde from it being common knowledge, let's just say it pays to blend into the background sometimes.

"what evil lurkes in the minds of men? only the shadow knows"

Dear Mr./Ms/ Deputy Shadow,
In reference to your recent post about Sheriff Graybeal being a registered democrat prior to becoming Sheriff. Where did you find your information? You seem to know alot about the goings on at WCSO, and you seem so displeased with your job, have you ever stopped and wondered just how pleased that your superiors are with the way you do your job. So please tell us just how your research has revealed that the Sheriff was a registered democrat.

03-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Lets try to clear this up.

In this state, we dont register party affiliations like many other states do. A person may choose to declare their party affiliation publicly or maybe even by association with people who are known to vote in a particular direction. Unfortunately some of us pick sides with whoever is most powerful at the moment. Plenty of people do.

A person can join a local political party group of their choice and even change back and forth if they desire. Plenty of people do.

It is interesting and sad at the same time how the poilitics actually play out in a work place where people who are supposed to be impartial can allow favoritism, aquaintences and friendships guide every move and decision they make. It is more disturbing that if a person speaks out or disagrees with the establishment their job is in jeopardy.

Since we are stuck with what we have and no changes on the horizon we best learn to either keep our mouths shut and take it on the chin or figure out a way to stick together and stand up for ourselves. If we were all on the same page do you think we could all be fired at once?

Lets figure out how to stick together as a group of workers, if we can do that it will make admin learn how to follow the rules too. Some admin people will begin to feel very lonely if we turn their great big steel swords into little plastic toy swords.

03-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Amen brother. Couldnt have said it better.

In this state, we dont register party affiliations like many other states do. A person may choose to declare their party affiliation publicly or maybe even by association with people who are known to vote in a particular direction. Unfortunately some of us pick sides with whoever is most powerful at the moment. Plenty of people do.

A person can join a local political party group of their choice and even change back and forth if they desire. Plenty of people do.

It is interesting and sad at the same time how the poilitics actually play out in a work place where people who are supposed to be impartial can allow favoritism, aquaintences and friendships guide every move and decision they make. It is more disturbing that if a person speaks out or disagrees with the establishment their job is in jeopardy.

Since we are stuck with what we have and no changes on the horizon we best learn to either keep our mouths shut and take it on the chin or figure out a way to stick together and stand up for ourselves. If we were all on the same page do you think we could all be fired at once?

Lets figure out how to stick together as a group of workers, if we can do that it will make admin learn how to follow the rules too. Some admin people will begin to feel very lonely if we turn their great big steel swords into little plastic toy swords.

03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
This is a deppartment and administration that will definetly take you're job if they find out you're not on their political team. They done it to so many good people. Once they found out how they felt, they found some thing to make their lives miserable and used it.

03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Still didn't answer the question about how you did your research because You did no research! You just assumed he was a democrat and you know what they say about assuming things. He was a deputy who did his job and did it very well as his reputation shows! He also worked under the sheriff prior to phillips who was a republican. Did he change to a republican as well then? no! Are all the empolyees at the WCSO republican? Who cares as long as they are capable to do their job!!

03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Who cares, as long as they vote!!!!!!!!! Besides the position of Sheriff shouldn't be a party, just like the Judges and the DA.

04-16-2007, 12:31 AM
:shock:

Cover your load people.

05-13-2007, 02:51 AM
check out fourth platoon, During the recent rotation cycles on a day shift fourth platoon has only had the Lt. the Sgt. and two yes two patrol officers what is wrong here? I hear it is because the upper brass does'nt like the Lt. who are they punishing, I think the Sgt. the patrol officers and the citizens of this county What do you think?????

05-13-2007, 03:22 AM
I think the sergeants wife should find a job. Hey, maybe she could go with someone besides avon.

05-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Okay, I have kept my mouth shut long enough. It's bad enough that everyone bashes their fellow brothers on this site, but when you start talking about their families, then I believe you have gone over the line. Even if you do not like what might be going on, you need to respect each other, whether they are the highest rank or the lowest man on the todenpole. When we all meet our maker, we will all be answering to our own mistakes, our own lies, and our own backstabbing. I am not the one that posted the above message, and I don't appreciate being refered to on this. I thought the department was made of men and women, not babies.
We need to start looking at what we are doing to our fellow man, as we are also doing to our maker. We will all be answering to HIM one day.

05-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Okay, I have kept my mouth shut long enough. It's bad enough that everyone bashes their fellow brothers on this site, but when you start talking about their families, then I believe you have gone over the line. Even if you do not like what might be going on, you need to respect each other, whether they are the highest rank or the lowest man on the todenpole. When we all meet our maker, we will all be answering to our own mistakes, our own lies, and our own backstabbing. I am not the one that posted the above message, and I don't appreciate being refered to on this. I thought the department was made of men and women, not babies.
We need to start looking at what we are doing to our fellow man, as we are also doing to our maker. We will all be answering to HIM one day.

Appreciate you

05-18-2007, 08:48 PM
You are most certainly correct. No one should be so inconsiderate of others families and their feelings on what is supposed to be a professional forum. You Go Girl!!! :D

05-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Respect between coworkers and their families is cultivated by an organizations leadership. When you play one employee or supervisor against another, or make one division seem more important than others these types of problems will always occur.

06-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Or by outside factors who have their own agendas that just love to egg on any gossip or discontent. Trying to blame all this bs on this message board on the leadership of the department is just not going to fly. Too much of a stretch. Every department has those who are never satisfied and are always looking to push their insecurities and inadaquaticies on anyone else except themselves. So Sad! :(

06-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Is it being insecure when you see an officer accused of sexual assualt still working? Of course there will be someone pipe in that it didn't happen or that it wasn't all that, but the GO's that tell us that we must hold ourselves to a higher standard are ignored when the situation suits some who have the ability to do so. Shall we revisit the DV incident of a Sgt?

Or by outside factors who have their own agendas that just love to egg on any gossip or discontent. Trying to blame all this bs on this message board on the leadership of the department is just not going to fly. Too much of a stretch. Every department has those who are never satisfied and are always looking to push their insecurities and inadaquaticies on anyone else except themselves. So Sad! :(

06-10-2007, 04:20 AM
It is not going to fly? What the hell are you going to do come and get me? Tow the line baby, Tow the line! I'm curious when this admistration finally gets the boot one day will you be towing the line for it? Or will you be trying to kiss the new guy's butt while saying, I told them so sir.

06-11-2007, 02:11 AM
high standard, both you need at re- read the manuel and start practicing it. I'm for Sheriff Graybeal over anyone else. If you have a problem with the way things are run, write him a letter or send him an e-mail. He doesn't have time to hold your hand and help you do your job. A job that you seem to be ungrateful to have. So hit the road, cause several people are just dying to take your place. He is doing what a Sheriff does. He's job, so get off your a-- and do your and quit crying. Since when did the department start hiring cry-babies.

06-11-2007, 02:55 AM
remember sez:

high standard, both you need at re- read the manuel and start practicing it. I'm for Sheriff Graybeal over anyone else. If you have a problem with the way things are run, write him a letter or send him an e-mail. He doesn't have time to hold your hand and help you do your job. A job that you seem to be ungrateful to have. So hit the road, cause several people are just dying to take your place. He is doing what a Sheriff does. He's job, so get off your a-- and do your and quit crying. Since when did the department start hiring cry-babies.

Just remember folks, this guy writes his incident reports just like what you see here--LOL. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Thank god I didn't go to a county school. :roll:[

06-11-2007, 03:41 PM
This writer is a fine example of what happens when you have low standards. I hope he doesn't have a lot of his cases go to jury, because I'm sure all the defense lawyers love to see him coming.

As for when the department began hiring crybaby's my guess would be when a certain sgt/commisioner hired on. He's pretty good at that sort of activity.